Monday, October 27, 2008

Third time's the charm. Or is it?

First up, sorry for slacking off. I know I have not been updating my blog lately but the past few weekends have been extremely busy. No, I don't have a gf yet. LOL!

So we (Wei Siong, Tracy, Calvin and I) were at Kin No Uma one Saturday to utilise the soon-to-expire discount coupon (40% off!). As this is my third visit here, I think I'll let the pictures tell the story.

The golden horse beckons

This time we dined outside

Oysters remain as good as ever

No complaints about the sashimi
The crabstick wrapped in tamago was pretty good too

The ever popular tempura prawns
Fresh prawns encased in crunchy batter, what's not to like?

I never miss out on having the assorted mushroom soup
It's that good, but watch out as it packs quite a kick!

Smooth chawanmushi
Not packed with ingredients like the ones you would find in Sushi King
but the egg texture beats the competition flat

Do-it-yourself shaved ice
Think you can outdo your favourite ABC stall?

Although it's not even a Japanese delicacy
the kueh pictured here are great!

Ice cream oh ice cream
It's not Haagen Daaz but it does the job

We liked:

1. The quality of food remained consistant.

2. Affordable, but only due to the coupon (RM55 nett)

We disliked:

1. Somehow or rather they never recorded down my reservation (made a couple of days in advance). Not really the restaurant's fault I guess, more of the reservation department's fault?

2. The yakitori was still as lousy as ever and this time we didn't even get the pleasure of grilling it ourselves.

3. Not much changes in the menu.

Well I can safely say this is the last time we'll be coming here. Three visits is plenty already! It's time to try new places. Maybe that place at Putrajaya Mariott...

11 Comments:

Blogger fr@nk said...

Yakitori is lousy as ever? I tot it's even more jiat lat!

10:04 PM  
Blogger traCe said...

waakakakaka... TQ for inviting us there. Frank.. I still owe u RM0.50 :) we kira next time ok.. I agree with the food selection...tak power! Where and when is our next stop?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Moolah said...

Maybe we should try out Midori?

10:51 AM  
Blogger fr@nk said...

Huh? Mana RM0.50 datang? Hmmm... Maybe u buy me jagong? :D

3:29 PM  
Blogger traCe said...

YES you guys should try Midori. Since you said Christmas will be expensive then U organise lah. Maybe on 1/1/09?

Frank: We're supposed to pay you RM110.50.. ehehe I talak RM0.50 so hutang you half cup of jagung lah!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Moolah said...

New Year's Day also expensive lah. How about before Hat Yai trip?

10:20 AM  
Blogger traCe said...

What the.. before trip? U suggest a date! And berapa orang joining? I'll ask Jennie along. Maybe my sis & bro so can get a pvt room! akakakaka

Eh, I was thinking we do liddat. 1yr we go 1 oversea trip and 1 local trip. Hows that?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Moolah said...

Well 13th or 20th Dec is fine with me. See whether Frank mau ikut or not.

This year we have already done two overseas trips though. =P

10:27 AM  
Blogger traCe said...

Saturday ke tu? U ask him and see.. Andrew confirm tak mau liao lah!

Begin next year lah AH BANG!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Moolah said...

Yes both Saturdays. Easier ain't it.

Ok ok starting next year then. LOL!

10:29 AM  
Blogger traCe said...

Yeap! Go ask, you're the organizer :)

Set! =)

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home