Friday, November 09, 2007

Imperial dim sum @ Imperial China

First up, Happy Deepavali to all! Yes I know it was yesterday but hey everybody should still be in the holiday mood right? =P

Since Deepavali was on a Thursday, I decided to take today (Friday) off to enjoy a long, relaxing weekend. So I heard that Malaysia ranks third in the world in amount of public holidays...but I digress. Onwards! For dim sum! For brunch!

Imperial China, Subang Jaya

Call? Bill? Water? Table service goes high tech!

Boiled peanuts serve as a tasty appetizer



Assorted dim sum. Steamy!

The true test of a dim sum place...har kau (prawn dumpling)

Nice crunchy prawn + juicy pork! Test passed!

No dim sum meal is complete without siew mai!

Surprise! Even the siew mai has prawn inside!


Assorted fish paste dim sum. It was yummy!

Egg tart! Pastry was more on the solid side as opposed to the usual flaky type you get outside but I liked it!

Chee cheong fun was smooth but it could do with more prawns

Prawn in 'foo chuk' (soya bean sheet). Crispy skin and crispy prawn makes a delicious combo!

'Wu kok' (yam dumpling). Crispy (I seem to be using this a lot) skin plus fragrant creamy interior...perfect?

Tea! Which was good too yes!

Overall damage inclusive of tea and appetizers was RM65++ for two. Altogether we both ate around 15 plates if I can recall correctly. Standard 5% service tax and 10% government tax applies as usual.

There is a reason why it's so cheap (yes Imperial China is a classy restaurant under Tai Thong Group). Currently the dim sum are on promotion, RM2.80 or RM3.80 per plate depending on type. The catch is the prices only apply on weekdays. Come on a weekend or a public holiday and you're likely to get charged double.

Compared to Damansara Palace, I would prefer this place as there's much more variety and it does taste better (higher quality?). Prices are slightly more expensive though and I mean the promotion prices, not the usual ones. Not sure whether it's a permanent promotion or not so to be safe, just ask before you order.

Oh yes, they don't really open for breakfast so if you want to avoid the crowds, come at 11.30 a.m. Yes they only open then. Imperial China is located in the same building as Neway Karaoke in Subang (near SS14) on the third floor.

Ah, my rating would be 9/10. Yes. 9/10. Only applicable for the promotion price. =D

5 Comments:

Blogger traCe said...

woot! 2 person? Who you ate with? why every time no tag me along?! Anyway; the dim sum looks yummy!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Moolah said...

Went with my mum. Now ain't I a good son? :P

9:57 AM  
Blogger traCe said...

Yes good son. ... hey it's time to show to everyone you're a good brother too ok.. kakakakkaka

10:36 AM  
Blogger Moolah said...

Tunggu I dapat gf first lah then I'll feel more generous. =P

10:45 AM  
Blogger traCe said...

Eh! you have to be generous before ada gf lah..apanih! ask Frank :D

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home