Saturday, September 29, 2007

Transformers! Pt.2

I finally got my hands on a couple of Transformers toys the other day. After the Transformers movie, the hype ensured that all the toys based on the movie flew off the shelves and were never to be seen again.

Luckily I was at Toys R Us at Subang while they were in the midst of restocking. WOOT!

Without further ado, presenting...Autobot Jazz!

Box front

Box back

Secured tightly

On the underside too!

Jazz breaks out

Side view

The 'energy sword' mounted on his spoiler...weird place to put it

PIEW PIEW LAZAR KANNON!

Let's get ready to transform!









Done!


Here's looking at you Decepticon!

With power sword and shield

Power sword close up

Shield close up. The shield is actually his boot + spoiler

HAAAAAAAAAAAIYAH!

Autobot I am!

I like:

1. Fairly complicated transformation procedure compared to the old Generation One toys.
2. Well articulated.
3. Feels solid without any loose joints.
4. Automorph technology! In Jazz's case his head will automatically pop up when the whole windscreen + roof portion is pushed down to form his back.
5. Accurate colours and nicely detailed.

I dislike:

1. Minor paint problems (one of the fog lamps was smudged and there was a random orange blob near one of the headlights).
2. Slightly confusing transformation instructions especially when transforming the arms.
3. Weird place to store his energy sword in vehicle mode. On his spoiler? Er...

Overall it was great though...since it's only RM49.90. Sure brings back memories of the days when I used to play with my Generation One Transformers!

3 Comments:

Blogger fr@nk said...

You want a piece of me?
*rips Jazz into 2 pieces*

10:35 PM  
Blogger traCe said...

eh..2 pieces? or just hammered it...smash! huahuahuaa...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Moolah said...

Eh...don't lah destroy my Jazz toy.

After I get Megatron I go do some Megatron vs. Jazz pictures lol!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home