Saturday, May 26, 2007

DUCK! Incoming ion cannon strike!

Ok, lame attempt at a catchy title there. Yes I am currently playing (and enjoying) Command & Conquer 3, but that's not the focus of this post.

Most of you (especially around KL/PJ) have surely heard of the (famous) Kee Kee Bentong Chicken Rice. I go there when the craving for steamed chicken strikes me and I do admit it's good. But where do I go when the craving for other roast meat strikes me? Why I go to Restaurant Hoong Fatt of course.

This small stall (the name escapes me at the moment) located at Restaurant Hoong Fatt in Kampung Chempaka is famous around the area for it's roast chicken and roast duck. And here are the pictars!

Roast duck drumstick rice. Succulent! Damage: RM6.50

A close up of the meat

They serve pretty good roast pork too! That's RM5 worth there btw

The skin is indeed crispy

I haven't eaten at those famous roast duck places like Sunrise but the roast duck at this place is pretty good in my opinion. I'd probably give it a 7/10. The roast pork is the usual type you'd get at any roast meat stall, nothing too special although portions are generous. Be forewarned that the duck here has quite a substantial amount of fat under the skin. People who are too not keen about fatty food might want to give this place a miss.

To get here, if you are heading towards 1-Utama from Sunway via the LDP, turn left when the St. Ignatius church is directly on your left. Continue straight past the shops (on both your left and right) until you come to something that looks like a t-junction. Turn right and the restaurant will be on your left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home