Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fatty rice!

What? Fatty rice? LOL! Actually I was referring to one of Malaysia's favourite breakfast dishes, nasi lemak.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

What secrets lie inside this humble package?

A close up of the sambal

An overhead view. Can you spot the kerang?

Beef, kerang, sambal, egg...all mixed into one delicious mash!

Anyone curious about the damage? Well I had the usual nasi lemak with additional rice, beef (I think it was fried), kerang (blood cockles) and a fried egg...and it all comes up to a total of RM4.60.

I used to have the nasi lemak from this stall pretty frequently when I first started working in Subang. Over the years I've seen the prices go up, albeit in small increments but the taste still remains the same. I'd rate it as a 8/10. Certainly one of the better nasi lemaks I've eaten.

The stall is located just outside Menara Mesiniaga at Subang. Pretty easy to find eh? There's only one stall by the roadside so you can't miss it. The stall also serves other dishes like fried mihun, fried rice and various pastries and kuehs.

Oh yes, for those who are really picky about hygiene, I'll have to point out that the stall has a couple of flies constantly hovering above the food. Maybe they love the food as well eh? LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home