Monday, August 21, 2006

Shogun!

Izzit? Yes it is! It's a quick food review! WHOA!

So I was at Shogun for dinner on Saturday (19/8). Yeah, that's Shogun, the Japanese buffet restaurant at 1-Utama (new wing). If you walked in and felt "WHOA DEJA VU?" it's because Shogun is operated by the same company that manages Saisaki at Wisma UOA at KL. The only thing that differs is the price, 43++ per adult at Saisaki, 48++ per adult at Shogun (dinner rates). Must be that 1-U rental!

Foodwise it's all good with a mixture of Japanese, Korean and even Chinese cuisine. Being a Japanese buffet however, you get everything Japanese from sashimi (salmon, tuna, cuttlefish, etc.), California rolls of all types, sushi, tempura, teppanyaki and all other things Japanese (gyoza, those grilled stuff). Korean cuisine consists of more sedate stuff like kimchi while for the Chinese portion it's dishes like sweet sour fish and other pretty run-of-the-mill stuff.

A couple of things I noticed, this being the third time I ate there:

1. The place is packed. No fragging joke. Even when I was there at 5.15 to collect the walk in queue number there were already 3 groups waiting?!! They give out tickets at 5.30 by the way.

2. Sashimi and prawn tempura seem to fly off the trays. Malaysians sure know what is 'value for money'.

3. If you order teppanyaki (it's customised by YOU), make sure you stay around the counter and collect it when it's done. If not, someone might steal your food. Happened to me once, I walked off for a couple of minutes and when I approached the counter an uncle made off with my teppanyaki platter. Ok...so it might have been an honest mistake...

Another thing I love about Shogun is...no time limit! Relaxing I tell you...and I even managed to take some pics!

Yes check out the amount of roe on my California roll!

Cheesy cheese baked oyster. You get one free per person!

Shogun gets 4/5 from me!

1 Comments:

Blogger blazer said...

Again? Shogun? hahaha...anyway looks delicious and who's takin the photos? ur new gf kar? ahhahahaha...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home